17 February 2009

Dinners

I haven't begun volunteering at Siloam yet, but I have been busy. Yesterday was mostly spent cleaning house to get ready for the dinner party. Dave is trying to recruit a surgeon, so we had a dinner for him (the recruit) and his wife. The man is from India, but grew up mostly in the states and his wife grew up in India. They met because they were in a traditional/classical Indian band. They have two little boys (7&4) who play violin and tennis respectively. They seem like really nice people and Dave is really hoping they'll come. So dinner was fun and interesting.

Today, I dropped TJ off at work so I could have the car. I spent some time wandering Nashville and poking my head into various shops. I came back for TJ in the afternoon and we picked Louie up from school. Then we met the twins at their school because their lacrosse team was having a dinner there. TJ left for another dinner with the recruit and a bunch of the Vanderbilt faculty and Louie, the twins and I came home.

No comments: