27 February 2009

Memphis

Yesterday I went to Siloam in the afternoon. It was a slow afternoon, so I spent the time filing patient forms.
Today, TJ and I drove to Memphis. She met with some fellow scientists she's collaborating with. They took us to lunch and then talked for a while. Then TJ and I drove around for a while. We drove past the hotel where Martin Luther King Jr. was assasinated. It's been turned into a civil rights museum, but it had closed by the time we got there. So we went to the Peabody Hotel. They have ducks that live on the roof that ride the elevator down to the lobby twice a day. We had gone to see the ducks, but we missed them. So we had dessert at the restaurant indside. It was pretty fancy. The waiter put a napkin in my lap for me right before he brought out the food. They were super nice and super attentive. TJ and I shared a chocolate souffle and an apple briggette. They were delicious. Then we drove to Dyersburg which is about 2 hours north of Memphis. Tomorrow TJ has a workshop on alphabet therapy (which is a way to teach kids with Angelman's how to read). So the two of us will set up tomorrow morning.

No comments: