10 May 2009

Peek-A-Boo

So I haven't written in a while because there was really nothing new. I've been helping TJ catch up in the mornings and going to the tutoring in the afternoons. The kids say hi to me sometimes. It catches me by surprise. After all, they've spent weeks completely ignoring my presence.

Yesterday, a French foreign exchange student arrived. She'll be living with the Bichells for a few months. She's my age and a med student. She's going to follow Dave around work.

There is yet another animal addition to the farm - a third horse. It is also a boarder. It's owner is the daughter of one the twins old teachers. It's a beautiful filly, sort of a speckled/mottled gray. Her name is Daphne. Chance follows her everywhere (not that Daphne gives him a second thought). Poor Classy has become a third wheel and wanders around on her own.

Dave's bees are doing quite well, they seem to be settling in nicely. Yet another swarm has made it's home in a tree, but Dave decided that four hives was enough to start with, so he hasn't attempted to domesticate those ones.

Louie has discovered a great new game and someone who is willing to play it almost incessantly. The game: hide under the blanket. The person: me. When he sees me come in he immediately picks up his favorite blanket and brings it to me, chuckling with anticipation. I throw the blanket over his head and he cackles. I wiggle the blanket, suddenly uncover and recover him, and grab his finger when he pokes it through the hole in the fabric. Each of these things makes him squeal and laugh harder. It keeps him entertained for a long time (and that's not easy to do).

The twins had their semi-final lacrosse game Friday. It was a close game. The other team won by 1 point, but the twins weren't too bummed about it. Lena is going to Boston in two weekends to play on the state team. The twins are in the middle of AP tests, so they are frantically studying and stress levels are high, but only for another week.

Today, the twins made crepes for breakfast and we had a picnic on the hill. It was nice, except I was worrying about tics the whole time. (Dave and Doug are always covered in them when they come back from tramping through the tall grass. But I checked myself thoroughly when we got back and I seem to be tic-free.) After we ate, everyone else helped TJ plant her herbs while I watched Louie. We played another version of the blanket game: hide under the napkin. : )

Next Saturday is the Angelman Walk-A-Thon the twins have been planning. Donna is trying to get the girl's club to do it. We'll see how that works out. Also next Saturday, Jazzie arrives! She's visiting for a few days and then we will both be going home. It's hard to believe I'm going home in 10 days!

No comments: