19 April 2009

CiCi's, Prom, & Louie

The last few days have been pretty much the same. I help TJ in the morning and then go to tutoring in the afternoon. The boys are much more open to help than the girls are when they're working in the workbooks, but they all ask for help when they're on the computers.

Friday night I went to the opera La Bohème with Rosie. Lena and Rosie got tickets from their choir teachers, but Lena had to go to lacrosse, so I got her ticket. It was really neat. The singing was incredible and the sets were beautiful and extremely elaborate. There wasn't much of a plot line and it was all in Italian (I think) but there was a little video screen at the top with subtitles.

Saturday the Girl's Club met at CiCi's. Only five girls came which was a bit of a disappointment. The other girls wanted to come, but their parents didn't bring them. There were two moms that were going to bring a bunch of the girls, but the moms never came to get them. They were all really bummed. So Donna and I decided we would transport the kids anytime we went out of the neighborhood. So now we have to get release forms.

Saturday evening was the twins prom. Their friends and dates all met at one person's house for dinner and then came here after the dance and spent the night. I slept with Louie so TJ and Dave could check on them periodically. (Someone always sleeps with Louie because he has seizures - or used to.) Louie kept flopping his arm out...on my face. He woke up around 2 AM because he heard other people. He didn't believe me when I told him it was still night-time, so he got up. TJ put him back to bed and we both stayed with him until 4 AM, but he wouldn't fall back asleep so I went back to my bed and TJ stayed with him.

Dave's bees arrived this afternoon. We are not quite sure what to do with them because you're not supposed to put them out in the rain and today has been raining on and off. We also don't want to leave them inside in case a curious animal (or Louie) accidentally set them free. The twins just brought home some little goldfish that were table decorations at prom. We have to find a cat safe place for them to stay.

No comments: