11 December 2008

Pearlington

Leslie called this morning to say there was a change of plan. I was supposed to go to Luling today and John and Lisa were going to come help Mike and Henry with a house in Pearlington. But John and Lisa are both very sick today, so I stayed in Pearlington to help. Leslie said it was unlikely a lot would be accomplished in Luling today anyway, since it's supposed to rain a lot. So I went to a house with Mike and Henry. It's one of those stilt houses and we were reinforcing a couple of the joists. So we had to put a second 4 x 12 board in two spots where it was a little saggy (these went in horizontally on the underside of the floor). Then we had to put 4 x 4s (vertically) underneath the 4 x 12s to keep those from sagging too. And of course everything had to be nailed in. (Mum, you might want to skip this sentence) And since it was a stilt house all this was being done several feet off the ground, mostly on makeshift scaffolding. We got there about 9 and finished around 2. Then we went back to the village to scrounge up some lunch. Mike and Henry went to look at a client's house and I came to my trailer. I'm sort of considering a nap right now, but I'll probably just play cards.

No comments: