03 December 2008

Trains

I finished the last of the DRD stuff this morning. Some of Megan's family was in town this afternoon, so she spent some time with them and I had a lovely nap. Laura made dinner. She owns her own catering business and once a week she makes dinner for the volunteers. Tonight she made shrimp fettuccine, salad, and jello cake (which sounds sort of weird, but is actually very good). It was all delicious. For devotions everyone told why they were here/what had inspired them to come. Then we sang a couple songs.

I much prefer Orange Grove to Olive Tree because here we are right on the corner of a very busy highway. Cars and trucks are racing by and revving their motors and honking and screeching and rumbling constantly. All day and all night. Also, the train passes by very close to here. The trailer shakes every time it goes by and the blaring cacophony of the horn with all it's clashing pitches is deafening. It drives me crazy. Megan says she's gotten used to it and she doesn't hear it anymore, but I most certainly do. I will be glad to go back to Orange Grove on Friday.

No comments: