22 September 2008

Arrival

I have arrived at Orange Grove Village which is in Gulfport, MS. I have mostly unpacked and am settling into my new trailer. I've met a bunch of cool people. Kathy took Colleen and me to dinner. It was pretty good. Then Colleen and I hung out on Chris' porch (he's from Canada) with Buddy and chatted. It was nice except for the mosquitos. My trailer is pretty nice. It has a freezer, fridge, microwave, small oven and stove. There are a few cooking things (a couple bowls, some pans, a wisk, and measuring spoons i think) and glasses, thermoses, plates and silverware. There was hot chocolate, chai tea, and some other kind of tea in the cabinet. Leslie gave me a couple waters and vitamin waters to put in the fridge. Now I think I will try to sleep since I have to get up at 7 so we can leave at 8. We (Buddy, Colleen, and I) are going to begin orientation tomorrow, so after that I should have a clearer idea of what I'm supposed to do. I do know our first group of volunteers gets here Sunday. They're a small group (10) but after that we will have bigger groups. Below is a video of the inside of my trailer and pictures of Orange Grove Village.









1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your trailer sounds like our apartment here in Beijing. Except you have more stuff in yours. :-)