29 September 2008

Day Thirteen

This morning I went shopping for tonight's dinner. The checker lady looked at me kind of funny when I put everything on the conveyor belt. I had 10 lbs. of red potatoes, 5 lbs. of sweet onions, and 30 ears of corn. The volunteers bought shrimp on the way home and they threw everything together in a pot and cooked it. Very good.
This afternoon we got a huge shipment of paper plates, cups, and bowls. We think they are for all the villages, but let's just say we won't run out anytime in the near future. There were three wooden palates stacked with them. They arrived in a UPS 18 wheeler. Anyway, we had to fit them all into the storage trailer, which was a little bit of an adventure. Especially considering the trailer does not have a fan. So we were sweating to death and being eaten alive by mosquitos while carrying huge boxes of biodegradable paper ware.
I bought a puzzle this afternoon and Chris and I spent this evening putting it together. It is not quite finished, but we should be able to finish it pretty easily. Chris said he would buy another one for us to do tomorrow. "Something cool, like Spider-Man or Superman."
Here is the puzzle so far.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Son now you are running your own Crazy Cajun restaraunt. I am jealous!