25 September 2008

Day Nine

The whole volunteer team was at the same worksite today. Half of them worked on painting the laundry room and the other half tore out the bathroom because it was rotting. We loaded up the bed of my truck with all the trash and I took it to the landfill around 2:00. There was 740 pounds of bush clippings, tile, molding, and a steel bathtub. I was the only one, so I had to unload it by myself. Luckily there was a guy with a backhoe that saw me shoving that tub out and he came over to help. So we got it emptied and I went back to the worksite and we loaded the truck again. I'll have to take that load in the morning, but it should be easier (and lighter) since it's mostly drywall. The volunteers are leaving around lunchtime. We have another group coming in Sunday, but they are actually working at Pearlington. Pearlington isn't ready to house volunteers yet, so they are sleeping and eating here at Orange Grove and working at Pearlington. So we won't really be dealing with the volunteers next week.
Chris has a cold, so I gave him the remainder of my cold medicine and his dad brought him some soup. I hope he feels better soon. I really feel bad for giving him my cold. But he says he gets one about this time every year because he had pneumonia and bronchitis at the same time when he was little.
Mum said dad would be home soon and would call me then, so I'm waiting for him to call and then I'm going to bed because I have to get up early (er) tomorrow so I can take that stuff to the landfill and still bring the volunteers the tools they need at the worksite.

No comments: