26 September 2008

Day Ten

I got up at 6:30 today (blech!) and Buddy and I left for the landfill at 7:00. This time we had 640 pounds of trash. So it was only marginally lighter than yesterday. We got back to the village about the time the volunteers were ready to head out for the worksite. We loaded up some tools and met them over there. I had to insist that Buddy let me help him mow the lawn (ah, the irony!) So I mowed the lawn and he went around with the weed wacker. It took us an hour to do the front and back. The front wasn't bad, but the back yard was hard. The grass was really tall and thick and slightly damp. Not good for mowing. But we got it done and some of the volunteers raked up and bagged the cut grass. They got the laundry room completely finished and a new door put in. We left the worksite around 11:30 and came back to the village. The volunteers packed up and left. I showered and had lunch. I did a little bit of paper work and took the rest of the afternoon easy. This evening Buddy went out with a friend, so Chris and I raided the fridge. There wasn't much, so we boiled some pasta for spaghetti. We had some (a lot!) of fun throwing pasta on the wall and watching it stick. Then (after we cleaned the kitchen) we had a "tailgate party." We sat on my tailgate and watched the stars and chatted. He's feeling better which is good. I'm hoping to sleep in a little tomorrow, but I really have no idea what will be happening. Chris said he will probably be going to Pearlington again. I don't know if I'll be going with him or if Buddy will have stuff for me to do here. I guess I'll see.

And I just realized that I've been spelling Chris' name wrong. I thought Kres was the Canadian way to spell Chris, but Kres was actually some guy who worked here before I did.

No comments: