30 September 2008

Burnt Cinnamon

In case you've ever thought about it, you should NOT try to make the pre-made pillsbury cinnamon rolls in a microwave. It does not work. You get overdone croutons and a trailer that smells like burnt cinnamon. Not appealing.

This morning started out pretty slow for me. I cleaned out the last of the files in the office, did some laundry, and had lunch. An air conditioning guy came to fix the air conditioner in trailer 4. The new Houma managers got here today. (Houma is another village in Louisiana.) They will be staying here at Orange Grove for a couple weeks until Houma is habitable. So I made sure their trailer was clean (washed the sheets, made the bed, put away the dishes that had been left in the sink, take out the trash). Henry made a copy of the office key, so now Buddy and I don't have to share one.

We had chicken and stir fry and salad for dinner. There was bread pudding for desert. Chris got a puzzle from Kmart for us to do tonight. The only spider-man puzzle they had was only 24 pieces, so he got a disney villains one instead. We're going to go puzzle shopping at Wal-mart tomorrow to look for a spider-man one and one other of my choice. We're only halfway through the disney one. Jessie (one of the volunteers) worked on it with us.

I had never had a klondike bar before coming here, but now I eat them fairly often. They are delicious. Like ice cream sandwiches - there's not that much to them, but they are irresistibly alluring. I think Chris and I are the only ones eating them. Which is fine by me. All the more for us! : )

Here is the completed apple puzzle.

No comments: