01 October 2008

Fire

This morning I helped Chris dig duct work out of a storage trailer and load it into a truck so he could take it to Pearlington. Then there was a meeting for village managers. We talked about how to buy food and supplies and such and got an updated phone list. The volunteers came back around noon, showered and went to New Orleans. They are still not back. Chris and I finished the puzzle and went shopping for a new one, but could not find any good ones. My mission tomorrow is to find some puzzles. Things have been pretty slow for me here, but it will definitely pick up next week. We will have 11 volunteers, but Pearlington will have about 40 that will be eating and sleeping here also.

Well, I had thought that would be the end of today's adventures, but is a much more exciting end to the day. There was a car on fire just down the road from us. Chris knocked on my door and said "I think there's a house fire." So we went to see and make sure someone had called the fire department and no one was hurt or anything. Everyone was fine and the fire truck got there right after we did. They put the fire out, but that car is toast.

No comments: