09 October 2008

Kwanset Huts

I went to Samm's in the morning to pick up groceries for the next two days. Heather said if I didn't have anything else to do around camp, I could come down to Pearlington and they'd find me something to do. So I was getting ready to head out when Buddy told me he needed me to stick around and get a hold of a plumber to come fix the toilet trailer because it was really backed up and Buddy couldn't fix it and he had to leave for school. So I was kinda bummed that I was going to have to stick around camp and do nothing all day instead of go to Pearlington and be useful. But Buddy came back because his teacher got called away for something and all they were going to do in class is go over a test that he got a 102% on. So he stayed here and got a plumber and I went to Pearlington. I helped Heather clean the shower trailer, then untangled some light cords, stacked some scrap lumber neatly so it wouldn't take up as much room and would look nicer, and helped Chris and Harold and a couple volunteers make the floor for the Kwanset Huts (which are giant tents that can sleep 30 volunteers or something like that). I gave Harold a ride home. In the evening Chris and I drove to the beach. There wasn't much to do because (since it was already dark) it was too cold to get in the water and there weren't any shells along the water line. But it was pretty and we stayed out admiring the view for a few minutes before coming back to the village.

No comments: