19 October 2008

Apple Pie

I've spent all morning running around (or at least so it feels). I found the misplaced files dumped in a corner of the dining tent with a bunch of clipboards and other papers that now need filed. So I've been filing, copying, and finishing (not in that order) paperwork like crazy. I also cleaned up the dinning tent a little bit and put the week's weather forecast on the board.

Apparently the truck I was given yesterday is going to Houma. So I do not have a truck. : ( I will have to share the red truck with Buddy. Buddy call it the Red Monster. I think my car at home is nicer than this truck. Let's just say, I won't ever drive it very far, because it feels like it's liable to break down anytime.

I took a couple hours off this afternoon where I did basically nothing. Then I ironed my red dress so it wouldn't be all wrinkled the next time I wear it. I did a couple loads of laundry and made an apple pie. Completely from scratch (crust and all!). It came out very well. The reason I made it, was that the fruit bowl had several apples that had bad spots on them, so no one was going to eat them. I didn't want them to be wasted (plus apple pie is delicious!) so I cut them up and put them in a pie.

We had about five volunteers come in tonight. The rest get here sometime tomorrow afternoon/evening. We're supposed to have about 40 volunteers this week. So hopefully I will not have to go shopping quite as often. Though the employees at Sam's are very nice, being there 11 times in 6 days is a bit much.

The good news is the gas and electrical guys finally made it to Pearlington, so their volunteers are able to stay there this week. So that's less shopping for me and less driving and cooking for the volunteers.

No comments: