10 October 2008

Sam's Club

Today is Chris' birthday. I got up and made ginger waffles.

This morning (after making breakfast) there was a meeting about the handbooks for Village Manager and Worksite Manager. We basically got an overview of what was in them. I will have to find time to read it a little more closely. Leslie also gave out shirts and jackets and ball caps (with the PDA logo on them) to the newest folks that hadn't gotten theirs yet. Then I headed over to the office to place a Sam's order online. That ended up being a little bit of a fiasco. I selected all the things I wanted and got it all sent in and confirmed and whatnot when I realized I had the wrong pickup location. So I called the customer service number and the guy told me he couldn't just change the location, the order would have to be canceled and he needed the guy in Louisville (whose name the account is under) to call in to cancel it. Then he gave me the number to a local Sam's store to call and talk to them about it, but the number is no longer in service. So I called the customer service number again and the lady who answered this time was much more helpful. I got the order cancelled. I had to reselect the things I wanted and this time I clicked the "change pickup location" button before submitting it. Changing the location cleared the cart, so I had to find everything AGAIN. Finally I got it right (I hope!) and the order should be ready to be picked up in one or two days. After that mess, Donna and I went to Sam's to pick up stuff for dinner tonight. By the time we got back and got all the groceries put away, it was about 3:30.

One of the groups was leaving this afternoon and they were going to leave all the tools at the worksite and I was supposed to go pick them up once they were done, because they were leaving from the worksite instead of coming back to the village. I had asked them to call Buddy (since I still don't have my phone back) when they were through, but they didn't. But this morning they had said the absolute latest they would be there was 3:30 and they were planning on being out closer to noon or 1:00. So I drove over. There was a little bit of traffic, but it wasn't bad...at first. Then there was an accident. Apparently a boat fell off a trailer. Anyway, what is usually a 20 min. drive to get to the house took me and hour and a half. But I did finally get there and get everything loaded into my truck. There was almost no traffic on the drive home (thank God!) so it only took 20 min. Some of the volunteers went out for dinner tonight, so we were a small crew at dinner. We had tacos.

When I had Buddy's phone this morning, I forwarded all the team contact and skill sheets to myself, so I can see them on the computer and print them out to file them. That will (I think) be my project for tomorrow. It's going to be my job to handle the computer and filing stuff, make sure Henry gets the skill sheets, and call the team leader to make sure everything is good to go.

No comments: