07 October 2008

Flying J's

The breakfast bell woke me up. I didn't hear my alarm go off this morning. I got dressed and picked up a couple pancakes that I ate as I walked to the tool trailer. I helped get everything the volunteers needed loaded into my truck. While they got themselves organized and ready to go I let Joe out...on a leash. We did not play catch the dog this morning. I drove the volunteers over to the worksite, then came back to the village. Harold and I took the empty propane tanks to Flying J's to refill them. It cost us a little over a $100 to fill 12 tanks. I got some lunch and then took Joe for a short walk down the street. When we got back to the village, I let him off his leash and threw his stick for him and chased him around a little. This afternoon I did some laundry.

The new Pearlington Assistant Manager got here today. She will probably be living here for a couple days until they get everything squared away at Pearlington. Her name is (I think) Jessie.

It rained on and off all day. So it is nice and wet outside and the beach will probably have to wait for another day. Because, although it has temporarily stopped, it looks like it wants to rain some more.

And now we have to go feed Joe and let him out so he can go to the bathroom.

No comments: