06 October 2008

Home Depot

I spent my entire morning running back and forth to Home Depot. The volunteers told me they needed rollers for popcorn ceilings, paper towels, finishing nails, 2 1x3 boards and 16 1x4x10 boards. So I went and got everything except the finishing nails, because the only ones I could find were for nail guns and they hadn't brought one to the site. I got back to the site and the guy looked at the boards and said he needed 1x6 boards, not 1x4 and he thought that was what he had said. So I got to go back to Home Depot and trade out the boards. I came back to the village and let Joe out of the trailer for a little while. He was not thrilled when it was time to go back in and he played hard to catch. And he can really be hard to catch! Henry wanted me to go by the other worksite and see if Don (the new worksite manager) needed me to pick up anything. They were done for the day, because there wasn't anything more they could do with the materials they had and it was getting ready to rain. But he had me return a couple 1x6x8 boards and pick up 8 pieces of molding. It started to rain as I was loading them into my truck. I had to stop at Winn Dixie to pick up tomatoes for on the burgers this evening and then I had to get gas. By the time I finally made it home it was almost 5:00. The volunteers made burgers and hot dogs and baked beans and salad for dinner. It was pretty good. It's been raining on and off since after dinner and looks like it will continue to do so through the night. And possibly some tomorrow also. That's about all I know.

No comments: