22 September 2008

Day Five

Today feel soooooo long. I don't even know why. Chris' cat (Star) came and visited me several times last night and spent most of the night curled up next to me. When I told Chris this morning, he said I should take it as a compliment because I was only the second person whose trailer she would go into. I didn't mind at all. I liked having her around. Anyway, I went to church this morning and there were nine people there including me. And two of the other eight were also volunteers. Henry thinks this church will close in a year. It was a very informal service. There was a bible study instead of a sermon. I took a quick nap and then Henry asked if I wanted to go with him to a client's house in Pascagoula, which is a 45 min. drive. So we did that. The house is in need of a fair amount of work. The bathroom needs to be completely redone. There is some plywood temporarily stapled to the floor joists and that is the only thing in there. There are also a couple rooms that need sanded and painted. Half of our group is going to go there with Henry tomorrow and half are going to go with me to the house we looked at yesterday. The volunteers got here earlier than expected, but they went and had a late lunch at the Lookout 49. They are going to order pizza for dinner. Buddy is going to go get the things they need for breakfast tonight and then get everything else from Samm's Club tomorrow.

No comments: