28 September 2008

Day Twelve

I slept in a little, then got ready for church. Buddy picked me up. It was a bit like Triennium or Montreat, but less structured. The music wasn't bad, but I didn't know any of it, so I couldn't really sing. They sang for 30-45 minutes or so and everyone was standing and clapping and jumping and waving their hands in the air and shouting "Amen!" and "Praise Jesus!" and that sort of thing. Then everyone sat down and the pastor did his sermon. It was alright, but I think I might go church hopping to see if I can find a more traditional service with a congregation bigger than 10. Anyway, Keith (the pastor) and Tanya (the pastor's wife) invited Buddy and I over to their house for lunch. They had pot roast, mac and cheese, peas, beans, and rolls. It was very good. They are very nice people.
This afternoon I took a nap. Star took one with me. It was much needed. Frank made chicken and vegetable stir fry for dinner. After dinner I went and knocked on Chris' door to see how he was doing, since I hadn't seen him today. He spent the whole day in bed watching tv and taking cough medicine. His cold is not really any better. He lent me the movie Balls of Fury.
Buddy went back to his pastor's house for a class of some sort and Keith and Tanya sent home mac and cheese and ribs for me. Which was really sweet.

No comments: