07 November 2008

Cajun Cooking!

Yesterday I picked up the Sam's order and a couple things from Wal-Mart. I put all the stuff away, got some lunch and then made more cookies because I want to give some to Lisa for her birthday tomorrow. I went to Walgreens and got bubbles and silly string, put them in a shoe box with the cookies and wrapped it in birthday paper. Then I met the volunteers at Lookout 49 for dinner. I had a Cajun pasta that was absolutely delicious, but very spicy. The sauce on the pasta had shrimp, crawfish, sausage, and of course the Cajun seasonings. I couldn't finish it all. The rest of it is in my fridge right now.

Today Don, Buddy and I were supposed to head for Luling about 7:30 so we could pick up my truck on the way to Houma, but we didn't get out of here until almost 9:00. So we went straight to Houma. We took the wrong exit and had to back-track, so we were even later, but everyone had trouble finding it so we weren't the only ones who were late. We weren't even the last ones there. Kevin made pasta with shrimp and fish in it and salad for lunch. It was very good. Then we had the meeting which ended up being very short because there wasn't much Leslie could tell us until after the big meeting with the Louisville staff. So we have another meeting with a bunch of the head honchos on Tuesday. This meeting is apparently going to be very long and a lot of things are going to be changed.

After the meeting we took pictures with everyone which I will hopefully get copies of because there were some good ones. I rode over to Luling with Harold and Dona (the Luling Managers) because Buddy and Don were going straight home. Colleen and Megan wanted to see Luling, so I was going to follow them back to Olive Tree where I could just get on 10 and follow it home. But when we got to Luling, Buddy and Don were there. They put the extra fax machine from Houma in my truck since I didn't have a passenger and then we loaded up both our trucks with fire wood. There is a very nice, very large fire going right now. Oh, and Don gave me a pair of $45 sunglasses for my birthday. You know, the kind that come with the little bag to keep them in so they don't get messed up or anything. They're very nice. And that's about all I know.

And the dinner bell just rang, so I must go!

No comments: