26 November 2008

Houma

This morning I baked the two pies and did laundry. The dinner got moved from 4 to 7. I worked on the puzzle. I've gotten a fair bit done. I'll be going to Houma tonight for the dinner (probably by myself. I don't think Buddy is coming like he planned to.) I'll stay there tonight with Kyra and then go to Luling with Kyra and Wilf Monday and stay until Tuesday. Then come home Wednesday to be here when my folks come.

There were a lot more people for dinner than were expected. They thought there would be about 60 but there were actually 100+. Kevin made gumbo that was very good. They were running out of food, so were trying to throw together whatever they could find in the pantry. There were a couple cans of asparagus and a bag of stir-fry and some biscuits and french fries and a salad. Also, we had a bunch of vegetarians. So Lisa was very worried that they wouldn't have enough because almost everything had meat in it. We told them the beans didn't and then Kyra found a piece of meat, but there was only one piece in the giant pot, so she ate it and that was that. I washed dishes which took quite a while. Then Wilf, Mary, Megan, Colleen, Kevin and his daughter (I think her name is Amanda) and I all stood/sat around the back steps chatting. It was nice. Prior to this I haven't had much interaction with Wilf, Mary, or Kyra, but I really like all of them. I think these next two days will be fun.

No comments: