20 November 2008

Trailer

We had a house blessing today, so this morning I made bread and bought flowers. I put the basket together and we left. Frank, Henry, Christi and I carpooled. The homeowner was very nice and she had a very sweet but very hyper dog. I don't know what kind it was, but it was small like a wiener dog, but not as long and with bigger ears. It was very cute.

After the house blessing I went to the main office and looked up some volunteer contact info. Henry wants to let the groups know the houses they worked on are finished. But he had 13 houses that have been completed in the last few months and each had several groups that worked on them. So there was a lot to look up.

I called Leslie to see if I was actually going to Luling tomorrow. I am. I don't yet know how long. She's supposed to call me back this evening after their meeting. Wilf needs a tool trailer that's here, so I'm taking that. It's a little one, which is why I agreed to do it, but it is very different. Buddy helped me hook it up to my truck this evening. I had to run to the store to pick up some stuff for dinner, so I drove it to Kmart and back. Leslie was planning to have Buddy come down with me, but he has a bunch of school stuff he still needs to catch up on, so he can't go. But that's okay.

I made spinach and black bean quesadillas for dinner. It was just Frank and I (and Joe) but it was nice. He asked if I wanted to come back (in January) and I said yes and he said he would fully support that and Leslie would too. Also, this camp will probably be closed by June, so there will be lots of work even though we don't currently have lots of volunteers. He also said I've done very good work. So that's all good.

No comments: