09 November 2008

Michaels

I slept in until about 9:00 then I got up and dressed and did my makeup. I grabbed my directions to the church I was planning on going to and left extra early to give myself some drive-around-lost time. But I never made it to church because I could not find it. So I went to Michaels and picked up some things for the home blessings on Wednesday and Thursday.

When I was poking around in the fridges and freezer looking for lunch, I found four of those pie tins with the crust already in them, so I made apple pies for the volunteers. Dinner was pretty informal. Buddy defrosted some leftover vegetable soup/stew and the volunteers had that and sandwiches. And apple pie, of course. With ice cream.

My week is looking pretty busy right now. Or at least the first several days. I have a bunch of stuff to do tomorrow (mostly paperwork, unfortunately) and I will likely be driving tools and supplies around too, because our volunteers have one van and three worksites. Then Tuesday is the very long meeting with the Louisville big wigs. Then there are home blessings on Wednesday and Thursday and I have to get the baskets together. I'll have to make a loaf of bread for each of them and I have to get fresh flowers the day of/before. Hopefully things will not actually be as busy as it's looking now.

No comments: