19 November 2008

Steel Wool

I slept really late by accident, which was okay because there was nothing happening. So I got up at 9 and went to the kitchen and made a couple biscuits. Then I went over to the tool trailer and started cleaning the tools that were outside. From 11:30 to 4:30 I was out there scrubbing the rust off and sanding the handles so the tools would be usable again. I finished 21 shovels. But it was really hard on my hands. I was using a steel wool scrubber to take off the rust, but it also took a layer of skin off all my knuckles and the heel of my hand. And I have a bunch of little cuts on all my finger tips. And I cut my thumb on a cinder block. I poured peroxide on them to clean out the rust. It hurt a little, but not too bad. It also looks like I will be going to Luling on Friday to help pack up the village so it can be taken to Texas. I haven't heard for sure yet, but it is likely I will be there Friday, Monday, and Tuesday. I guess I will find out.

No comments: